Wenn Stephan eine Reise tut, dann meistens weit und lang! :) Und da er ja auf keinen Fall den Kontakt zu seinen lieben Freunden verlieren möchte, wird er seine Erfahrungen in diesem Blog mit den Daheimgebliebenen teilen...

3.29.2005

Other countries ... other behaviors

Here I am ? back again! (This will be the first re-launch of this blogger ? and this time using English, to avoid translating it every time for my English-speaking colleagues ? All the Germans ? I hope you do not mind!!)

Anyway? I?m just back from a really nice long Easter weekend, where I?ve spend my time with Sandra in the BlueMountains and the Gold Coast. Sandra arrived here in Sydney last week Wednesday and this day was really a special day, as it was the first day for me to pick her up at the airport with a car. Can u imagine how crazy it is to drive on the ?wrong? side of the road?? Hell ? Wow ? That was indeed an experience! But finally I can take it off my ?To-do? list from. It is very weird at the beginning, but after a while you are getting used to it so fast.
The Australian?s love the german ?Autobahn? (you can be sure that everybody over here knows what it is!!). They are all driving these powerful cars, without being allowed to driver faster than 110 km/h ? that is ridiculous ? Driving on the High-Way makes you getting tired and is really annoying ? I prefer the german ?rude? way of driving.

The weekend is over and I am back in the office ? The weather is changing here and unfortunately we?ve changed to the ?Wintertime? now!!
The time was changed last Sunday, and stupid as I am, I changed the time in the wrong direction. So I stood up this morning, trying to return my rental car and was wondering why that office was still closed. After 10 minutes a sales agent arrived and he was pretty amazed to see a client that early. Yeah ? He told me it is 6:55 am (I thought it is already 8:55 and I am late for work!!). I could see his ?amazed? face switching into a very ?amused? one ;) ?

Last week I was also able to welcome James to Sydney. Before going on his ?around the world flight schedule? he decided to come down for a short stop-over in Sydney. It was good to catch up all the old stories, going out for some drinks and just having fun. He already left me here alone again and should be in London already. Much luck for your new project!!

Xeni-boy ? Our south African globe-trotter should now be back in SA to pack his suitcases for the new life in UK?! Unfortunately I haven?t heard back of him, how the interview was?! (Big shout 2 SA ? *g*)

For the near future, I am awaiting some more guests down here and I am already looking forward to that!!

Again, I?ve uploaded some new pictures to my page ? Check them out: http://stephan.innovite.net

For all the lazy b******* out there ? I am happy to receive ur emails ;)

GrEEtZ
-Ste[ph]an-

P.S.: I know, i know ... my english is worse, so please apologise all the failures in the text!! *g*

2 Comments:

Blogger Hubert said...

Hey Stephan,
nice to read some news here!
As you already know, I'm in the US at the moment. You definitely know what question I have to answer every person I meet here: "How is the German Autobahn?" One guy even said, he wanted to come to Germany just because of the Autobahn! That's crazy, my friend.

Have a good time 'down under' and remember: Don't rape the kangaroos!
Hubert

6:46 PM

 
Blogger Jean-Luc said...

Hey Aussie/German ... :)

Thanks for being so considerate to post in english - really appreciate it.

Please add to your todo-list:
Take Xen for spin on Autobahn in Germany; I am drooling in anticipation

Meet you in UK - I be there 6 June for good.

Shout-outs from mother Africa
Cheers to down under
Xen

1:49 PM

 

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home