Wenn Stephan eine Reise tut, dann meistens weit und lang! :) Und da er ja auf keinen Fall den Kontakt zu seinen lieben Freunden verlieren möchte, wird er seine Erfahrungen in diesem Blog mit den Daheimgebliebenen teilen...

1.11.2007

The new year ... 2007

Welcome back ... it is 2007 now.

Wow ... Time was just rushing by and before I even realized, the year 2006 was over. So many things happened and in the end I always end up with the same feeling, that I could have done a bit more in every area of my life. Worked a bit harder; studied a bit more; being more relaxed ... etc ... Can be quite a strange feeling.

Anyway ... 2007 is here now and not that it makes a difference to my life (beside of the fact that I am getting older and older) but things don't really change much ... I went back to Germany to see my parents and family for xmas. I actually also wanted to go skiing, but 2 ice-slides and artificial ice is not really fun to go on ...
Seems like the global warming is already changing the seasons. (I actually read an article about that, mentioning that forecasts show in 2020 Xmas will almost be as hot as summer in Germany - *scary*). It is like a lottery every year, if there will be snow for xmas or not ... this year it was a really bad year. No snow at all (or very limited).
Even tho, I thought that some things would never change, but this year, was the first time again that I did not join going skiing over NY. All the "Bergamer" went - as usual - to Austria to go skiing there. From what I've heard, they had a real blast there and enjoyed there time.
As you might know, my best friend CHE (the bastard who traveled around the world for ages) now lives in Amsterdam with Melissa. So my cousin & me decided to go to Amsterdam and visit them both. I haven't seen him now in almost a year as well and as you can imagine, we had a lot of things to catch up ... It was very good to see him again. I was initially a bit scared, because sometimes the distance and/or the time just change people and/or minds. He is still the same old geek ... *g* ... Just let me advise you NOT to call him RENE any more ;) ... Thanks again for the good time we had!

In the meanwhile - almost 2 months since my last post - not that much happened and I am still sitting at the same desk, doing the same stuff every day and trying to find the best way to enjoy my life. Actually one bigger change for me is, that I actually got much, much more quiet and relaxed lately. Priorities are shifting severely and for the first time (in a long time) actually I do enjoy my life more and more. Is it the age? :) ... Naaaaah ... maybe just the silence before the storm ...

Lately I am discovering - almost every night - the endless depth of the xbox live world. Being such a good boyfriend all year, Sabaa bought me an xbox 360 for xmas and let me tell you... it is simply amazing. I love that thingy already. People might laugh now, but true geeks will understand the feeling, when you prefer to stay back home on a saturday night with the xbox alone, instead of going out or socializing ... Ah ... it is like all new things. It is much fun at the beginning but then it slows down - nevertheless it is a welcome change.

Got a bit of traveling lined up over the next couple of weeks ... and am pretty much looking forward to that. Next week I will go back to the origins of my "Stephan discovers the world" tour and celebrate my friends wedding on Boracay in the Philippines. I haven't been there for 2 years now but am sooo happy to go there and especially to see all my Sydney friends again.

February I actually might end up going for a weekend to India ... I haven't been there yet, as I've been way to scared to go there on my own. But yeah ... let's see how this works out.
My parents are gonna go on tour as well this year. They will be coming over to Singapore to visit us here for a couple of weeks. (They will be spending most of their time in Thailand anyway ;))

And finally in march - honoring the 90st birthday of my grand pa - we will be going back to Germany ... It's gonna be a crazy weekend, as we'll only have 4 days ... Yeah ... call me weird or stupid, but my grand-father is worth it for me. Oh ... yeah ... I am talking about "US" going there ... yup yup yup ... Sabaa is coming as well ... Will introduce her to the german (drinking) culture!

Aiyah ... that's all for today ...

Happy new year to all of you ...

Ste