Wenn Stephan eine Reise tut, dann meistens weit und lang! :) Und da er ja auf keinen Fall den Kontakt zu seinen lieben Freunden verlieren möchte, wird er seine Erfahrungen in diesem Blog mit den Daheimgebliebenen teilen...

7.13.2006

Work in HongKong ...

As mentioned in my previous blog, I flew to HongKong last week to work on a project there. So finally arrived pretty relaxed at the airport and a nice limousine was already waiting for me, to take me to the hotel .. *ahhhhh* ... what a service ... why can't I have that every day?!

I checked into my hotel room and fell down on my bed ... what a good feeling - finally getting some more sleep after a long party weekend. I was honestly very impressed of the view from the hotel room across the HK harbour. It is an amazing feeling in the morning to wake up and having the sun shining straight into ur face, to open the eyes and to see such an impressive sight. It kind of reminded me to Sydney ...

Another shot from the harbour @ night! Especially the Bank of China is world famous in the skyline. Just in front of it, the building with the red light wrapped around it, is my office. Pretty much walking distance ...

That is for sure something you can't find in Singapore.
I had a pretty interesting week there. Nathan, a colleague, who's currently living there showed me around and introduced me to a lot of interesting people. On the weekend, the party crew from SIN flew into HK and we were facing another big weekend.

OMG ... what a time ... It is Thursday (the week after) already and I still haven't fully recovered. Friday night - Some drinks @ Lang Kwai Fong ... bit of clubbing, but nothing too serious - I had to work on Saturday. The next night, we went to a house party at the other end of the island and afterwards hit the night life of HK. Wow wow wow ... We left the party at around 2 am and went to the first night club ... dancing dancing dancing ... went to another club ... again dancing ... we left the club to go to an 'After-Party' and I think that was the first time, I realized, it was 10 am in the morning. Went to that party, but just for 1 - 2 drinks and then went back to the hotel room to pack my stuff and get ready for the airport. A weekend to remember!! (In the picture: Jonny, Ben, Charles & me)

Nevertheless I am also quite sad now, as Charlie has left Singapore last night to go back to UK. I think I've mentioned it in an earlier blog, but the people come and go very frequent here. People stay most of the time around 6 months and then head back ...
Anyway ... Charlie - take care ... and I'll see you again in Manchester or Germany!! Say hello to Anna and good luck for the job!

*g* ...

That's it for now!
Step

1 Comments:

Blogger Jean-Luc said...

i am jealous - I miss HK (east in general) so much!

Had to buy suits in england past weekend. I could have paid a flight to HK and had 2 suits made there for the price of one here :( so sad ...

Glad all is well buddy - i just moved into my new place as well. Bliss!

Why are u jettsetting so much?

4:07 PM

 

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home