Wenn Stephan eine Reise tut, dann meistens weit und lang! :) Und da er ja auf keinen Fall den Kontakt zu seinen lieben Freunden verlieren möchte, wird er seine Erfahrungen in diesem Blog mit den Daheimgebliebenen teilen...

8.29.2005

Full moon party

[mood:Still tired]
[location:Lounge, Kuala Lumpur Airport]

I recently thought about my blog entries and discovered, that they are most of the time way too long. Will start to categorize them now, to allow people choosing what they want to read ;) - of course I still hope you read all my intelectual highlights ;).

Time flew by for the last 2 weeks and so many things happened. I've just been to Sydney, where I had to do a lot of administrative stuff, like paying the bills etc. *suxxs* ...
Was good to see all the colleagues again. I feel like living on another world. There were so many new things - people joined & left the company - so many new clients - so much work ... Have to get information more often.

The weekend before, I had the chance to discover & experience an event, well known all over the world.
Full Moon Party in Koh Phangan (Koh Samui).
Wow - wow - wow ... It is August, so all the Australian's escape their country to have the nice warm weather and also all the European's are in travelling mood. People told me, that the August party is always the biggest one in the year (beside of the december one!).
I heard something about 15.000 people.
A little island in the south chinese sea - beautiful, with blue water, white beach and palm trees everywhere you look.
Once a month they throw the so called full moon parties, to celebrate & prize the gods - blablabla ... of course because of the money, but let's believe in their true spirit ;).
It is just a beautiful place turned into one huge party. One club / bar after another. People are dancing / sitting / lying on the beach and have a good time. They run around with these little buckets full of thailand rum ... They have tatoos with bright UV-Colors which are reflected by the 10.000 black light lamps on the beach.
Everybody is in a good mood and you will meet so many new people there ... Simplified: CrAzY

Manuel and his girlfriend Jenna, (both from Munich) were on Koh Phangan already, as they are spending their summer holiday there.
Jenna, lived and grew up on this island. I haven't met her in germany before, so it was also a premier for me, to see her.
Let's quickly describe her: Beautiful blond woman. Why do I say that?! Hmm ... simply because I was soooo impressed, when she started - all of a sudden - to speak Thai. I am pretty sure most of the Thai people see her, talk about her and are then shocked, if she answers in their language with a bit of local slang ...
*Impressed*
So Manuel and her are living in this resort on the island, doing nothing the whole day beside of sleeping, walking at the beach or enjoying the sun. That's a life ;) ... (If you read it: Thanks again for organizing it!)

Now the embarrasing story: (To my parents - please no stupid comments!!!!)
I am pretty sure everyone has heard this sentence before: Fire is nothing for little kids. I think there is still a very little kid in every man. (isn't that a good start to take that as an excuse of my own stupidness?)
Manuel and me were playing with the local kids at the beach, blowing up firework-crackers one after another. The kids just loved the noise & it was a great fun for them.
Of course you'll keep the biggest one for the big final. yeaaaahhh ... It was a really huge one. ABout 20 crackers combined into one big one. How many people might know how this story goes on ;) ... yeah yeah ... stupid as we are, we wanted to lighten that damned bomb as well ... so we went to the beach put it in middle of the sand and due to the damned wind, it was almost impossible to get this thing burning.
All of a sudden, all the crackers went off at the same time... *Arrrrgh* ... I just looked down, and saw that all the fuses are burning - then jumped up, turned my head to the left. The next thing I felt was all that surrounding white smoke around me, that terrible noise like being locked in a war and the fear, that something really worse could have happened.
I think I didn't even know where I am for the next 5 sec ... I looked down at my body and felt a lot of hot & burnt skin ... All the black powder was on my skin, burning the first layers of my skin ... Ayayayay...
In the end, it is basically nothing, as I got that stuff off within milliseconds, but the shock and some little spots still remind me to the 'big bang' ...
It was indeed a lesson for me, not to play with cheap firework again. It could have been so worse. Loosing visibilty of the eyes, getting badly burned or whatever ... Let's be happy, that nothing more has happened. Manuel - I think he was reacting much faster - got off without any damages ... I think I have to train my reactions ;)

All in all, it was a good experience to go for that weekend. It is just about 1.5 hrs flight from Singapore, so no big deal.

If you ever think about going there ... do it ;) ... You have to at least see it once.

That's it for today ...

Ste[ph]an