Wenn Stephan eine Reise tut, dann meistens weit und lang! :) Und da er ja auf keinen Fall den Kontakt zu seinen lieben Freunden verlieren möchte, wird er seine Erfahrungen in diesem Blog mit den Daheimgebliebenen teilen...

7.11.2005

Welcome to Singapore ...

Hi @ all,

Long time since I've posted my last blog. But a lot of things have happened in the meanwhile.
Was in a big hurry the past two weeks, as I was leaving Sydney, to go to a new abroad assignment in Singapore. How cool is that: Been in Sydney for not even 4 months and now discovering the sights of Asia again!
Got rid of my apartment in Sydney, moved all the stuff to a friends place and finally left Sydney.

Flight:
Got the chance to fly the first time with Gulf Air ... Plane was quite old and it was totally booked out. So i got my seat and was sitting beside of a 'middle-aged woman' from Sydney. I am really a kind of a 'speaking' person, but nothing compared to her ... She was not even stopping to talk when I switched on my IPOD! But funny ... We had several glasses of wine and some pretty interesting conversations.
Food ... Hmm ... delicious ... Think I've never had such good food on a plane before. *yummy* ...

Welcome to Singapore ...

What a nice nice nice place!! Living at Clarke Quay, close to the city and in walking distance to my work (I am usually walking home from work, which turns out to be a sweat walk. It is sooo hot here. Around 30 - 35 degress every day! (James: Celsius not Fahrenheit *g*)

-cut-

James & Xen ... That bringes me to my next point: Both of them were in London while the bombs went off there. That is sooo scary. Both told me they are alright, but it just reminds us again and again, that it could happen to everyone of us.

-jump back-

How is Singapore?! Hmm it is a good mixture of Asia and the western civilistation. So many nice places you can go; clean and quite interesting ...
I was in an exhibition yesterday, called 'Images of Singapore' - which is an multimedia presentation about Singapore and all the past. Really, really interesting - check out the pictures: During the introduction they were projecting the speaker using hologram technologies ... *very_impressive* ...

I've met two guys from UK here in the apartment-building. Went out on Friday night to party a bit: Fun night ;) ... Sitting opposite of us was Prince Albert from Monaco: I had to say hello to him ... Finished my glass of alcohol (to feel better and stronger!!) and went up to him ... Curious about the 3 bodyguards around him, which were looking at me like a little cockroach. Stood in front of him and could not even say one word... HOW EMBARASSING!!! He just gave me his hand and said: "Hi, I am Albert. What is your name?!" ... So the ice was broken and I was able to tell him who I am, but then took this chance to go on to the toilets, as he was very 'busy' ... Lesson learned today: I should stay away from celebrities ... *g*

My good friend Michael is living here, so we are now - again - able to do a lot of things together. Went out to Santosa Beach on the weekend, went shopping and enjoyed the really delicious food.

Miss all my friends & family back home right now! Will soon come back home for a short visit (End of Sept) to catch up with all of you.

Congratulations to my sister finishing very, very successful her diploma two weeks ago - What I've just heard from the "Lauingen Herald" my cousin has also successful finished his final degree. CONGRATTTTTTS!

Will go to bed now ... Have fun & talk 2 u soon!!!!!

Ste[ph]an




1 Comments:

Blogger Jean-Luc said...

Man, it sounds great!!

Both James and myself managed to steer clear of bombs. Seems these things are everywhere huh? Philippines, UK!

sigh

Keep well mate, chat soon

12:14 PM

 

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home